Mastering Delphi 7
by Marco Cant?
Whether you’re new to Delphi or just making the move from an earlier version, Mastering Delphi 7 is the one resource you can’t do without. Practical, tutorial-based coverage helps you master essential techniques in database, client-server, and Internet programming. And the insights of renowned authority Marco Cantù give you the necessary knowledge to take advantage of what’s new to Delphi 7–particularly its support for .NET. Coverage includes:
* Creating visual web applications with IntraWeb
* Writing sockets-based applications with Indy
* Creating data-aware controls and custom dataset components
* Creating database applications using ClientDataSet and dbExpress
* Building client-server applications using InterBase
* Interfacing with Microsoft’s ADO
* Programming for a multi-tiered application architecture
* Taking advantage of Delphi’s support for COM, OLE Automation, and COM+
* Taking advantage of Delphi’s XML and SOAP support
* Implementing Internet protocols in your Delphi app
* Creating UML class diagrams using ModelMaker
* Visually preparing reports using RAVE
* Using the Delphi language to create your first .NET programs
Delphi Programming for Dummies
by Neil J. Rubenking
Mastering Delphi 4
by Marco Cantù
by Pawel Glowacki
Become a developer superhero and build stunning cross-platform apps with Delphi
About This Book
- A one-stop guide on Delphi to help you build cross-platform apps
- This book covers important concepts such as the FireMonkey library, shows you how to interact with the Internet of Things, and enables you to integrate with Cloud services
- The code is explained in detail with observations on how to create native apps for Ios and Android with a single code base
Who This Book Is For
If you want to create stunning applications for mobile, desktop, the cloud, and the Internet of Things, then this book is for you. This book is for developers who would like to build native cross-platform apps with a single codebase for iOS and Android. A basic knowledge of Delphi is assumed, although we do cover a primer on the language.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basics of Delphi and the FireMonkey application platform as well as the specifics of Android and iOS platforms
- Complete complex apps quickly with access to platform features and APIs using a single, easy-to-maintain code base
- Work with local data sources, including embedded SQL databases, REST servers, and Backend-as-a-Service providers
- Take full advantage of mobile hardware capabilities by working with sensors and Internet of Things gadgets and devices
- Integrate with cloud services and data using REST APIs and scalable multi-tier frameworks for outstanding multi-user and social experience
- Architect and deploy powerful mobile back-end services and get super-productive by leveraging Delphi IDE agile functionality
- Get to know the best practices for writing a high-quality, reliable, and maintainable codebase in the Delphi Object Pascal language
Delphi is the most powerful Object Pascal IDE and component library for cross-platform native app development. It enables building natively compiled, blazingly fast apps for all major platforms including Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and Linux.
If you want to build server-side applications, create web services, and have clear GUIs for your project, then this book is for you.
The book begins with a basic primer on Delphi helping you get accustomed to the IDE and the Object Pascal language and will then quickly move on to advanced-level concepts. Through this book, we’ll help you understand the architecture of applications and will teach you the important concepts of the FireMonkey library, show you how to build server-side services, and enable you to interact with the Internet of Things. Towards the end, you will learn to integrate your app with various web services and deploy them.
By the end of the book, you will be able to build powerful, cross-platform, native apps for iOS and Android with a single code base.
Style and approach
This book will help you build cross-platform mobile apps with Delphi using a step-by-step approach.
Borland Delphi 6 Developer’s Guide
by Steve Teixeira, Xavier Pacheco
Borland(r) Delphi 6 Developer’s Guide is a new edition of the #1 best-selling Delphi book by authors Steve Teixeira and Xavier Pacheco. Steve and Xavier are of the winners of the Delphi Informant Reader’s Choice Award for both Delphi 4 Developer’s Guide and Delphi 5 Developer’s Guide.
Borland(r) Delphi 6 Developer’s Guide is completely updated for Delphi 6 and includes in-depth coverage on Borland’s new CLX architecture, DBExpress Applications, SOAP, CORBA, WebSnap and BizSnap features. It continues as a complete reference and authoritative guide to the newest version of Delphi.