The Yoga of Herbs
by Vasant Lad, David Frawley
by Jonathan Clayden, Nick Greeves, Stuart Warren
The second edition refines and refocuses Organic Chemistry to produce a text that is even more student-friendly, coherent, and logical in its presentation than before.
Like the first, the second edition is built on three principles:
An explanatory approach, through which the reader is motivated to understand the subject and not just learn the facts;
A mechanistic approach, giving the reader the power to understand compounds and reactions never previously encountered;
An evidence-based approach, setting out clearly how and why reactions happen as they do, giving extra depth to the reader’s understanding.
The authors write clearly and directly, sharing with the reader their own fascination with the subject, and leading them carefully from topic to topic. Their honest and open narrative flags pitfalls and misconceptions, guiding the reader towards a complete picture of organic chemistry and its universal themes and principles.
The Companion Website (www.oup.com/uk/orc/bin/9780199270293), available to all adopters of the text, includes:
– 3D Organic Animations: Link to chemtube3d to view interactive 3D animations developed by the author
– Additional Chapters: Four chapters from the first edition that do not appear in the second
– Errata: Corrections to the book since publication
– End-of-Chapter Questions: A range of problems to accompany each chapter
– Figures in PowerPoint: Figures pre-inserted into PowerPoint for use in lectures and handouts
– Problems: Problems to accompany each chapter from the new edition of Organic Chemistry will be posted in the student area of the book’s Companion Website throughout the year (April, June, and December 2012)
by Ziff Davis, Inc.
When Dr. Ray Strand found himself in a losing battle, unable to successfully treat his wife who had suffered chronically with pain and fatigue, he agreed to try the regimen of nutritional supplements that a neighbor suggested. Much to his surprise, his wife’s condition began to improve almost immediately. That amazing turn of events led him to dedicate himself to researching alternative therapies in medicine, particularly in the arena of nutritional supplements.
Dr. Strand’s illumination of the body’s silent enemy-oxidative stress-will astound you. But, more importantly, his research will equip you to protect or reclaim your nutritional health, possibly reversing disease and preventing illness.