Excel 2003 Bible
by John Walkenbach
- The most comprehensive guidebook available on the most popular spreadsheet program, fully updated to include all-new “X” features
- Written by the leading Excel guru known as “Mr. Spreadsheet,” John Walkenbach, who has written more than thirty books and 300 articles on related topics and maintains the popular Spreadsheet Page at www.j-walk.com/ss
- The definitive reference book for beginning to advanced users, featuring expert advice and hundreds of examples, tips, techniques, shortcuts, work-arounds, and more
- Covers expanded use of XML and Web services to facilitate data reporting, analysis, importing, and exporting information
- Explores Excel programming for those who want advanced information
- CD-ROM includes all templates and worksheets used in the book, as well as sample chapters from all Wiley Office “X” related Bibles and useful third party software, including John Walkenbach’s Power Utility Pak
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Kindle Fire HD: The Missing Manual
by Peter Meyers
Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD combines the most popular e-reader and tablet features in one sleek package, and with this entertaining guide, you’ll master everything the Fire has to offer. With loads of illustrations, step-by-step instructions, and savvy tips, you’ll learn how to manage your media library in the cloud, find the coolest apps, and make the most of your Kindle Fire experience—no matter which model you choose.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Read all about it. Find ebooks and newspapers in the Kindle Store, and add your own books and magazines.
- Use great new features. Discover Amazon’s X-Ray service, and parental controls for individual users.
- Take in a show. Watch movies and TV series, and display your photos and videos.
- Go online. Browse the Web and manage email with Wi-Fi and 4D LTE.
- Fill up your jukebox. Listen to your favorite music from Amazon and iTunes.
- Load up on apps. Get popular games, guides, and references with Amazon’s Apps for Android.
- Get to work. Read PDFs, Word files, Excel spreadsheets, and other docs.
Slaying Excel Dragons
by Mike Girvin
This Isn’t Excel, It’s Magic!
by Bob Umlas
Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances
by Echo Swinford
If you’re vexed and perplexed by PowerPoint, pick up a copy of Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances. This funny, and often opinionated, guide is chock full of tools and techniques for eliminating all the problems that drive audiences and presenters crazy.
There’s nothing more discouraging than an unresponsive audience–or worse, one that snickers at your slides. And there’s nothing more maddening than technical glitches that turn your carefully planned slide show into a car wreck. Envious when you see other presenters effectively use nifty features that you’ve never been able to get to work right? Suffer no more! Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances by Microsoft PowerPoint MVP Echo Swinford rides to the rescue.
Microsoft PowerPoint is the most popular presentation software on the planet, with an estimated 30 million presentations given each day. So no matter how frustrated you get, you’re not about to chuck the program in the Recycle Bin. Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances, presents smart solutions to a variety of all-too-familiar, real-world annoyances.
The book is divided into big categories, with annoyances grouped by topic. You can read it cover to cover or simply jump to the chapter or section most relevant to you. Inside its pages you’ll learn how to create your own templates, work with multiple masters and slide layouts, and take advantage of various alignment and formatting tools. You’ll also learn how to import Excel data; insert graphics, PDF, and Word content; create, edit, and format organization charts and diagrams; use action settings and hyperlinks to jump to other slides; and add sound, video, and other types of multimedia to spark up your presentations.
Entertaining and informative, Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances is filled with humorous illustrations and packed with sidebars, tips, and tricks, as well as links to cool resources on the Web.