by NAVNEET MEHRA ISHITA BHOWN
by Sid Steward
PDF–to most of the world it stands for that rather tiresome format used for documents downloaded from the web. Slow to load and slower to print, hopelessly unsearchable, and all but impossible to cut and paste from, the Portable Document Format doesn’t inspire much affection in the average user. But PDFs done right is another story. Those who know the ins and outs of this format know that it can be much more than electronic paper. Flexible, compact, interactive, and even searchable, PDF is the ideal way to present content across multiple platforms.
PDF Hacks unveils the true promise of Portable Document Format, going way beyond the usual PDF as paged output mechanism. PDF expert Sid Steward draws from his years of analyzing, extending, authoring, and embellishing PDF documents to present 100 clever hacks–tools, tips, quick-and-dirty or not-so-obvious solutions to common problems.
PDF Hacks will show you how to create PDF documents that are far more powerful than simple representations of paper pages. The hacks in the book cover the full range of PDF functionality, from the simple to the more complex, including generating, manipulating, annotating, and consuming PDF information. You’ll learn how to manage content in PDF, navigate it, and reuse it as necessary. Far more than another guide to Adobe Acrobat, the book covers a variety of readily available tools for generating, deploying, and editing PDF.
The little-known tips and tricks in this book are ideal for anyone who works with PDF on a regular basis, including web developers, pre-press users, forms creators, and those who generate PDF for distribution. Whether you want to fine-tune and debug your existing PDF documents or explore the full potential the format offers, PDF Hacks will turn you into a PDF power user.
Microsoft Word 2016 Step By Step
by Joan Lambert
This is learning made easy. Get more done quickly with Word 2016. Jump in wherever you need answers–brisk lessons and colorful screenshots show you exactly what to do, step by step.
- Get easy-to-follow guidance from a certified Microsoft Office Specialist Master
- Learn and practice new skills while working with sample content, or look up specific procedures
- Create visually appealing documents for school, business, community, or personal purposes
- Use built-in tools to capture and edit graphics
- Present data in tables, diagrams, and charts
- Track and compile reference materials
- Manage document collaboration and review
- Fix privacy, accessibility, and compatibility issues
- Supercharge your efficiency by creating custom styles, themes, and templates
Detection of Intrusions and Malware, and Vulnerability Assessment
by Ulrich Flegel, Evangelos Markatos, William Robertson
Professional Visual Basic 2012 and .NET 4.5 Programming
by Bill Sheldon, Billy Hollis, Rob Windsor, David McCarter, GastÃ3n C. Hillar, Todd Herman
After a quick review of the of introductory topics of VisualBasic 2012 and .NET 4.5, this book moves quickly into advancedtopics such as data access with ADO.NET, security, ASP.NET webprogramming with Visual Basic, Windows workflow, and threading.You’ll explore the essential Visual Basic 2012 functions you need,including .NET features such as LINQ, WCF, and more. Plus, you’llexamine exception handling and debugging, Visual Studio features,and deployment.
- Puts the new Async keyword and Iterators to work
- Explores new options and interfaces presented by Windows 8development and WinRT
- Continues strong coverage of core language elements and toolsand creating componentized applications
This updated version of Professional Visual Basic 2012 and.NET 4.5 retains its expert author team, including one of thebest-known and respected Microsoft Visual Basic MVPs, Bill Sheldon,and Microsoft Regional Director “Software Legend” BillyHollis.