Windows 10 Step by Step
by Joan Lambert
The quick way to learn today’s Windows 10!
This is learning made easy. Get more done quickly with the newest version of Windows 10. Jump in wherever you need answers–brisk lessons and colorful screenshots show you exactly what to do, step by step.
- Do what you want to do with Windows 10!
- Explore fun and functional improvements in the newest version
- Customize your sign-in and manage connections
- Quickly find files on your computer or in the cloud
- Tailor your Windows 10 experience for easy access to the information and tools you want
- Work more efficiently with Quick Action and other shortcuts
- Get personalized assistance and manage third-party services with Cortana
- Interact with the web faster and more safely with Microsoft Edge
- Protect your computer, information, and privacy
Windows 10 For Dummies
by Andy Rathbone
The #1 source for Windows 10 help
Millions of Windows users have turned to Windows For Dummies for quick, friendly, and easy-to-understand help with their computers. Windows 10 For Dummies, 3rd Edition continues this tradition as it helps you navigate the twists and turns of Windows. Start at the beginning to discover the basics of the Windows interface or flip to later chapters to help you work with Windows apps, connect to the Internet, or customize your privacy settings.
Updated to cover the latest changes to Windows 10, this revised edition is ideal for first-time Windows users who need a guide to their operating system as well as experienced users who need a road map to the latest features. Inside, the book quickly and easily shows you how to do everything from establishing a user account, to corralling your photos, to setting up a printer, to using Windows on a tablet—and everything in between.
- Manage the start-up menu and the Windows desktop
- Get to know the programs that come with Windows 10
- Discover troubleshooting tips and privacy tricks
- Be productive at home or in the office
If you use Windows 10, you’ll want to keep this updated edition of the trusty companion nearby as you make your way around the new OS.
The Little SAS Book
by Lora D. Delwiche, Susan J. Slaughter
Exam Ref 70-698 Installing and Configuring Windows 10
by Andrew Bettany, Andrew Warren
Prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-698–and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of Windows 10 installation and configuration. Designed for experienced IT pros ready to advance their status, this Exam Ref focuses on the critical-thinking and decision-making acumen needed for success at the MCSA level.
Focus on the skills measured on the exam:
• Prepare for and perform Windows 10 installation
• Configure devices and device drivers
• Perform post-installation configuration
• Implement Windows in the enterprise
• Configure and support networking, storage, data access, and usage
• Implement apps
• Configure remote management
• Configure updates, recovery, authorization, authentication, and management tools
• Monitor Windows
This Microsoft Exam Ref:
• Organizes its coverage by the “Skills measured” posted on the exam webpage
• Features strategic, what-if scenarios to challenge you
• Provides exam preparation tips written by top trainers
• Points to in-depth material by topic for exam candidates needing additional review
• Assumes you are an IT pro looking to validate your skills in and knowledge of installing and configuring Windows 10
Python for Kids
by Jason R. Briggs
For Kids Aged 10+ (And Their Parents)
The code in this book runs on almost anything: Windows, Mac, Linux, even an OLPC laptop or Raspberry Pi!
Python is a powerful, expressive programming language that’s easy to learn and fun to use! But books about learning to program in Python can be kind of dull, gray, and boring, and that’s no fun for anyone.
Python for Kids brings Python to life and brings you (and your parents) into the world of programming. The ever-patient Jason R. Briggs will guide you through the basics as you experiment with unique (and often hilarious) example programs that feature ravenous monsters, secret agents, thieving ravens, and more. New terms are defined; code is colored, dissected, and explained; and quirky, full-color illustrations keep things on the lighter side.
Chapters end with programming puzzles designed to stretch your brain and strengthen your understanding. By the end of the book you’ll have programmed two complete games: a clone of the famous Pong and "Mr. Stick Man Races for the Exit"—a platform game with jumps, animation, and much more.
As you strike out on your programming adventure, you’ll learn how to:
* Use fundamental data structures like lists, tuples, and maps
* Organize and reuse your code with functions and modules
* Use control structures like loops and conditional statements
* Draw shapes and patterns with Python’s turtle module
* Create games, animations, and other graphical wonders with tkinter
Why should serious adults have all the fun? Python for Kids is your ticket into the amazing world of computer programming.