Hadoop: The Definitive Guide
by Tom White
Ready to unlock the power of your data? With this comprehensive guide, you’ll learn how to build and maintain reliable, scalable, distributed systems with Apache Hadoop. This book is ideal for programmers looking to analyze datasets of any size, and for administrators who want to set up and run Hadoop clusters.
You’ll find illuminating case studies that demonstrate how Hadoop is used to solve specific problems. This third edition covers recent changes to Hadoop, including material on the new MapReduce API, as well as MapReduce 2 and its more flexible execution model (YARN).
- Store large datasets with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Run distributed computations with MapReduce
- Use Hadoop’s data and I/O building blocks for compression, data integrity, serialization (including Avro), and persistence
- Discover common pitfalls and advanced features for writing real-world MapReduce programs
- Design, build, and administer a dedicated Hadoop cluster—or run Hadoop in the cloud
- Load data from relational databases into HDFS, using Sqoop
- Perform large-scale data processing with the Pig query language
- Analyze datasets with Hive, Hadoop’s data warehousing system
- Take advantage of HBase for structured and semi-structured data, and ZooKeeper for building distributed systems
Data-intensive Text Processing with MapReduce
by Jimmy Lin, Chris Dyer
This volume is a printed version of a work that appears in the Synthesis Digital Library of Engineering and Computer Science. Synthesis Lectures provide concise, original presentations of important research and development topics, published quickly, in digital and print formats. For more information visit www.morganclaypool.com
by Marijn Haverbeke
–The essential elements of programming, including syntax, control, and data
–How to organize and clarify your code with object-oriented and functional programming techniques
–How to script the browser and make basic web applications
–How to use the DOM effectively to interact with browsers
–How to harness Node.js to build servers and utilities
Isn’t it time you became fluent in the language of the Web?
Includes an exclusive chapter, only available in the No Starch Press edition!