by Helen Dunmore
I wish I was away in IngoFar across the briny sea,Sailing over deepest watersWhere love nor care never trouble me. . . .
By the Cornwall coast where Sapphire lives with her family, it’s easy to hear the call of the sea. Too easy.
When the sea called to Sapphy’s father, he vanished from her life. When the sea called to her brother, he started disappearing for hours on end. And now the sea is calling to Sapphy, and she feels its pull more strongly than she’s ever felt anything in her life.
In a novel full of longing, mystery, and magic, Helen Dunmore takes us to a new world that has the power both to captivate and to destroy. At the waterline, the two worlds of Air and Ingo meet. Sapphy and her brother, Conor, find themselves at the boundary between these worlds, in a place of danger and amazing discoveries.
Microsoft Word 2016 Step By Step
by Joan Lambert
This is learning made easy. Get more done quickly with Word 2016. Jump in wherever you need answers–brisk lessons and colorful screenshots show you exactly what to do, step by step.
- Get easy-to-follow guidance from a certified Microsoft Office Specialist Master
- Learn and practice new skills while working with sample content, or look up specific procedures
- Create visually appealing documents for school, business, community, or personal purposes
- Use built-in tools to capture and edit graphics
- Present data in tables, diagrams, and charts
- Track and compile reference materials
- Manage document collaboration and review
- Fix privacy, accessibility, and compatibility issues
- Supercharge your efficiency by creating custom styles, themes, and templates
Wikipedia: The Missing Manual
by John Broughton
Want to be part of the largest group-writing project in human history? Learn how to contribute to Wikipedia, the user-generated online reference for the 21st century. Considered more popular than eBay, Microsoft.com, and Amazon.com, Wikipedia servers respond to approximately 30,000 requests per second, or about 2.5 billion per day. It’s become the first point of reference for people the world over who need a fact fast.
If you want to jump on board and add to the content, Wikipedia: The Missing Manual is your first-class ticket. Wikipedia has more than 9 million entries in 250 languages, over 2 million articles in the English language alone. Each one is written and edited by an ever-changing cast of volunteer editors. You can be one of them. With the tips in this book, you’ll quickly learn how to get more out of — and put more into — this valuable online resource.
Wikipedia: The Missing Manual gives you practical advice on creating articles and collaborating with fellow editors, improving existing articles, and working with the Wikipedia community to review new articles, mediate disputes, and maintain the site. Up to the challenge? This one-of-a-kind book includes:
- Basic editing techniques, including the right and wrong ways to edit
- Pinpoint advice about which types of articles do and do not belong on Wikipedia
- Ways to learn from other editors and communicate with them via the site’s talk pages
- Tricks for using templates and timesaving automated editing tools
- Recommended procedures for fighting spam and vandalism
- Guidance on adding citations, links, and images to your articles
Wikipedia depends on people just like you to help the site grow and maintain the highest quality. With Wikipedia: The Missing Manual, you get all the tools you need to be part of the crew.
Head First Excel
by Michael Milton
Do you use Excel for simple lists, but get confused and frustrated when it comes to actually doing something useful with all that data? Stop tearing your hair out: Head First Excel helps you painlessly move from spreadsheet dabbler to savvy user.
Whether you’re completely new to Excel or an experienced user looking to make the program work better for you, this book will help you incorporate Excel into every aspect of your workflow, from a scratch pad for data-based brainstorming to exploratory analysis with PivotTables, optimizing outcomes with Goal Seek, and presenting your conclusions with sophisticated data visualizations.
- Organize and clearly present information in a spreadsheet
- Make calculations across a number of worksheets
- Change your point of view with sorting, zooming, and filtering
- Manipulate numerical data to extract and use just what you need
- Leverage Excel as a grid-based layout program
- Write formulas for optimal functionality
- Nest formulas for more complex operations
- Create sophisticated data visualizations with charts and graphs
- Use Goal Seek to optimize possible outcomes based on different assumptions
- Create summaries from large data sets for exploratory data analysis with PivotTables
We think your time is too valuable to waste struggling with new concepts. Using the latest research in cognitive science and learning theory to craft a multi-sensory learning experience, Head First Excel uses a visually rich format designed for the way your brain works, rather than a text-heavy approach that will put you to sleep.
Access 2013 Bible
by Michael Alexander, Richard Kusleika
A comprehensive reference to the updated and new features ofAccess 2013
As the world’s most popular database management tool, Accessenables you to organize, present, analyze, and share data as wellas build powerful database solutions. However, databases can becomplex. That’s why you need the expert guidance in thiscomprehensive reference. Access 2013 Bible helps you gain asolid understanding of database purpose, construction, andapplication so that whether you’re new to Access or looking toupgrade to the 2013 version, this well-rounded resource providesyou with a thorough look at everything Access can do.
- Explains how to create tables, manipulate datasheets, and workwith multiple tables
- Teaches you how to apply the seven-step design method to builddatabases that are tailored to your needs
- Covers building forms with wizards, creating bound and unboundforms, and adding data validation
- Shows you ways to automate query parameters, create functionsand subroutines, and add programmed error routines
- Features a bonus website with content that contains all sourcecode from the book as well as bonus shareware, freeware, trial,demo, and evaluation programs
If you are looking for a comprehensive book on all thingsAccess, look no further than Access 2013 Bible.