Microsoft Word 2016 Step By Step
by Joan Lambert
This is learning made easy. Get more done quickly with Word 2016. Jump in wherever you need answers–brisk lessons and colorful screenshots show you exactly what to do, step by step.
- Get easy-to-follow guidance from a certified Microsoft Office Specialist Master
- Learn and practice new skills while working with sample content, or look up specific procedures
- Create visually appealing documents for school, business, community, or personal purposes
- Use built-in tools to capture and edit graphics
- Present data in tables, diagrams, and charts
- Track and compile reference materials
- Manage document collaboration and review
- Fix privacy, accessibility, and compatibility issues
- Supercharge your efficiency by creating custom styles, themes, and templates
The Cult of Mac
by Leander Kahney
Written by Wired News managing editor Leander Kahney, The Cult of Mac is an in-depth look at Mac users and their unique, creative, and often very funny culture. Like fans of a football team or a rock group, Macintosh fans have their own customs, with clearly defined obsessions, rites and passages. From people who get Mac tattoos and haircuts, to those who furnish their apartments with empty Mac boxes, this book details Mac fandom in all of its forms.
The paperback edition includes an all-new chapter about the iPod, updates throughout, and new photos that reflect current Apple technology.
by Sid Steward
PDF–to most of the world it stands for that rather tiresome format used for documents downloaded from the web. Slow to load and slower to print, hopelessly unsearchable, and all but impossible to cut and paste from, the Portable Document Format doesn’t inspire much affection in the average user. But PDFs done right is another story. Those who know the ins and outs of this format know that it can be much more than electronic paper. Flexible, compact, interactive, and even searchable, PDF is the ideal way to present content across multiple platforms.
PDF Hacks unveils the true promise of Portable Document Format, going way beyond the usual PDF as paged output mechanism. PDF expert Sid Steward draws from his years of analyzing, extending, authoring, and embellishing PDF documents to present 100 clever hacks–tools, tips, quick-and-dirty or not-so-obvious solutions to common problems.
PDF Hacks will show you how to create PDF documents that are far more powerful than simple representations of paper pages. The hacks in the book cover the full range of PDF functionality, from the simple to the more complex, including generating, manipulating, annotating, and consuming PDF information. You’ll learn how to manage content in PDF, navigate it, and reuse it as necessary. Far more than another guide to Adobe Acrobat, the book covers a variety of readily available tools for generating, deploying, and editing PDF.
The little-known tips and tricks in this book are ideal for anyone who works with PDF on a regular basis, including web developers, pre-press users, forms creators, and those who generate PDF for distribution. Whether you want to fine-tune and debug your existing PDF documents or explore the full potential the format offers, PDF Hacks will turn you into a PDF power user.
Word 2016 For Dummies
by Dan Gookin
Written by the author of the first-ever For Dummies book, Dan Gookin, this new edition of Word For Dummies quickly and painlessly gets you up to speed on mastering the world’s number-one word processing software. In a friendly, human, and often irreverent manner, it focuses on the needs of the beginning Word user, offering clear and simple guidance on everything you need to know about Microsoft Word 2016, minus the chin-scratching tech jargon.
Whether you’ve used older versions of this popular program or have never processed a single word, this hands-on guide will get you going with the latest installment of Microsoft Word. In no time, you’ll begin editing, formatting, proofing, and dressing up your Word documents like a pro. Plus, you’ll get easy-to-follow guidance on mastering more advanced skills, like formatting multiple page elements, developing styles, building distinctive templates, and adding creative flair to your documents with images and tables.
- Covers the new and improved features found in the latest version of the software, Word 2016
- Shows you how to master a word processor’s seven basic tasks
- Explains why you can’t always trust the spell checker
- Offers little-known keyboard shortcuts
If you’re new to Word and want to spend more time on your actual work than figuring out how to make it work for you, this new edition of Word 2016 For Dummies has you covered.
Knuckleheads in the News
by John Machay
Here is a hilarious collection that catches real-life knuckleheads in outrageous acts of brazen stupidity, giving new meaning to that famous four-letter word: “DUH”!
* The Oregon resident who was waxing his 1984 Pontiac–and somehow managed to shove the antenna up his nose . . .
GRANDMOTHER OF EIGHT MAKES HOLE IN ONE
* The Atlanta Braves pitcher who was treated for five-inch-long welts after he tried to iron his polo shirt while wearing it . . .
MINERS REFUSE TO WORK AFTER DEATH
* The inmate at a Chesapeake Correctional Facility who filed a five million dollar lawsuit against himself . . .
DRUNK GETS NINE MONTHS IN VIOLIN CASE
* The woman who couldn’t stand the discomfort of having a callus on her right foot, so she blew off her big toe with a shotgun . . .
Radio personality John “Kato” Machay’s lively compilation of news stories, headlines, and courtroom gaffes proves hands down that truth is dumber than fiction!
REMEMBER: To err may be human, but to laugh out loud is divine.