The Everything Kids’ Learning French Book
by Dawn Michelle Baude
Bonjour, mon ami! So, you want to learn French but don’t know where to start? Start ici, with The Everything Kids’ Learning French Book. Inside, you’ll find simple exercises, fun facts, tips on pronunciation, and popular phrases that enable you to read and speak French in no time at all.
You’ll learn how to:
- Address your family (“Ma famille”) and pets (“Mes animaux familiers”)
- Describe holidays and birthdays (“Fêtes et anniversaires”)
- Ask “What time is it?” (“Quelle heure est-il?”)
- Tell your friends, “Let’s go outdoors” (“On va dehors”)
- Express your feelings (“Exprimer mes sentiments”)
- Talk about school (“Mon école”) and your classes (“Mes cours”)
Dozens of puzzles and activities–plus an English-French Dictionary–make learning this exciting new language easy, fast, and fun!
by Helene Gremillon
Paris, 1975. Camille sifts through letters of condolence after her mother’s death when a strange, handwritten missive stops her short. At first she believes she received it by mistake. But then, a new letter arrives each week from a mysterious stranger, Louis, who seems intent on recounting the story of his first love, Annie. They were separated in the years before World War II when Annie befriended a wealthy, barren couple and fell victim to a merciless plot just as German troops arrive in Paris. But also awaiting Camille’s discovery is the other side of the story, which will call into question Annie’s innocence and reveal the devastating consequences of jealousy and revenge. As Camille reads on, she begins to realize that her own life may be the next chapter in this tragic story.
French For Dummies, Enhanced Edition
by Zoe Erotopoulos, Dodi-Katrin Schmidt, Michelle M. Williams, Dominique Wenzel
French is a beautiful language but quite difficult to learn.Whether you need to learn the language for a French class, or youtravel overseas for business or leisure, this enhanced edition ofFrench for Dummies can help. Written in an easy-to-followformat, with integrated audio clips, it gives you just whatyou need for basic communication in French. The enhanced editionincludes:
- Expanded coverage of necessary grammar, vocabulary, andpronunciations
- Useful exercises, practice questions, and amini-dictionary
Business, an upcoming class, travel – whatever your reasonfor wanting to learn a new language but don’t have time to take aclass, this enhanced edition of French For Dummies can get you wellon your way to becoming fluent in no time!
French Grammar Drills
by Eliane Kurbegov
If you want to be proficient in French, you eventually have to master its grammar. The best way to perfect your grammar skills is through drills, drills, and more drills. Covering all facets of French grammar–from prepositions and pronouns to verbal forms and tenses–French Grammar Drills helps you learn often-perplexing topics through hands-on experience.
This edition features:
- More than 175 exercises that demonstrate how the French grammar system works
- Authentic examples that illustrate correct grammar usage
- A new review section to reinforce your learning
- An answer key to give you immediate clarification on any concept
Indefinite and definite articles * Demonstrative adjectives * Possessive pronouns * Conjunctions * Imparfait and passe compose * Verbal expressions and idioms * and more