by International Maritime Organization
Edgar Cayce on the Akashic Records
by Kevin J. Todeschi
The ISM Code has been mandatory for almost every commercial vessel in the world for more than a decade and nearly two decades for high risk vessels, yet there is very little case law in this area. Consequently, there remains a great deal of confusion about the potential legal and insurance implications of the Code.
This third edition represents a major re-write and addresses significant amendments that were made to the ISM Code on 1st July 2010 and 1st January 2015.
This book provides practitioners with a practical overview of, and much needed guidance on, the potential implications of failing to implement the requirements of the Code. It will be hugely valuable to DPAs, managers of ship operating companies, ship masters, maritime lawyers and insurance claims staff.
Advanced Computer and Communication Engineering Technology
by Hamzah Asyrani Sulaiman, Mohd Azlishah Othman, Mohd Fairuz Iskandar Othman, Yahaya Abd Rahim, Naim Che Pee
by Kurt Guntheroth
In today’s fast and competitive world, a program’s performance is just as important to customers as the features it provides. This practical guide teaches developers performance-tuning principles that enable optimization in C++. You’ll learn how to make code that already embodies best practices of C++ design run faster and consume fewer resources on any computer—whether it’s a watch, phone, workstation, supercomputer, or globe-spanning network of servers.
Author Kurt Guntheroth provides several running examples that demonstrate how to apply these principles incrementally to improve existing code so it meets customer requirements for responsiveness and throughput. The advice in this book will prove itself the first time you hear a colleague exclaim, “Wow, that was fast. Who fixed something?”
- Locate performance hot spots using the profiler and software timers
- Learn to perform repeatable experiments to measure performance of code changes
- Optimize use of dynamically allocated variables
- Improve performance of hot loops and functions
- Speed up string handling functions
- Recognize efficient algorithms and optimization patterns
- Learn the strengths—and weaknesses—of C++ container classes
- View searching and sorting through an optimizer’s eye
- Make efficient use of C++ streaming I/O functions
- Use C++ thread-based concurrency features effectively