Introduction to Process Calculations Stoichiometry
by KA. Gavhane
by Ka Gavhane
CHEMICAL PROCESS CALCULATIONS
by D. C. SIKDAR
STOICHIOMETRY AND PROCESS CALCULATIONS
by K.V. NARAYANAN , B. LAKSHMIKUTTY
The text presents the fundamentals of chemical engineering operations and processes in a simple style that helps the students to gain a thorough understanding of chemical process calculations. The book deals with the principles of stoichiometry to formulate and solve material and energy balance problems in processes with and without chemical reactions. With the help of examples, the book explains the construction and use of reference-substance plots, equilibrium diagrams, psychrometric charts, steam tables and enthalpy composition diagrams. It also elaborates on thermophysics and thermochemistry to acquaint the students with the thermodynamic principles of energy balance calculations.
The book is supplemented with Solutions Manual for instructors containing detailed solutions of all chapter-end unsolved problems.NEW TO THE SECOND EDITION
• Incorporates a new chapter on Bypass, Recycle and Purge Operations
• Comprises updations in some sections and presents new sections on Future Avenues and Opportunities in Chemical Engineering, Processes in Biological and Energy Systems
• Contains several new worked-out examples in the chapter on Material Balance with Chemical Reaction
• Includes GATE questions with answers up to the year 2016 in Objective-type questions
• SI units are used throughout the book.
• All basic chemical engineering operations and processes are introduced, and different types of problems are illustrated with worked-out examples.
• Stoichiometric principles are extended to solve problems related to bioprocessing, environmental engineering, etc.
• Exercise problems (more than 810) are organised according to the difficulty level and all are provided with answers.