Introduction to Security
by Robert Fischer, Edward Halibozek, David Walters
Introduction to Security has been the leading text on private security for over thirty years. Celebrated for its balanced and professional approach, this new edition gives future security professionals a broad, solid base that prepares them to serve in a variety of positions. Security is a diverse and rapidly growing field that is immune to outsourcing. The author team as well as an outstanding group of subject-matter experts combine their knowledge and experience with a full package of materials geared to experiential learning. As a recommended title for security certifications, and an information source for the military, this is an essential reference for all security professionals. This timely revision expands on key topics and adds new material on important issues in the 21st century environment such as the importance of communication skills; the value of education; internet-related security risks; changing business paradigms; and brand protection.
- New sections on terrorism and emerging security threats like cybercrime and piracy
- Top industry professionals from aerospace and computer firms join instructors from large academic programs as co-authors and contributors
- Expanded ancillaries for both instructors and students, including interactive web-based video and case studies
Security Law and Methods
by James Pastor
Divided into five parts, Security Law and Methods discusses the topics of premises liability and negligence, intentional torts and claims, agency and contract based claims, legal authority and liability, and the subject of terrorism. It also offers an evocative look at security issues that may arise in the future. The book serves as a comprehensive and insightful treatment of security, and is an invaluable addition to the current literature on security and the law.
- Contains clear explanations of complicated legal concepts
- Includes case excerpts, summaries, and discussion questions
- Suggests additional research and relevant cases for further study
by P. J. Ortmeier
Terrorism and Homeland Security
by Jonathan R. White
Important Notice: Media content referenced within the product description or the product text may not be available in the ebook version.