Investing the Templeton Way: The Market-Beating Strategies of Value Investing’s Legendary Bargain Hunter
by Lauren C. Templeton, Scott Phillips
“To buy when others are despondently selling and to sell when others are avidly buying requires the greatest fortitude and pays the greatest ultimate rewards.”-Sir John Templeton
Called the “greatest stock picker of the century” by Money magazine, legendary fund manager Sir John Templeton is revered as one of the world’s premiere value investors, widely known for pioneering global investing and out-performing the stock market over a five-decade span. Investing the Templeton Way provides a never-before-seen glimpse into Sir John’s timeless principles and methods.
Beginning with a review of the methods behind Sir John’s proven investment selection process, Investing the Templeton Way provides historical examples of his most successful trades and explains how today’s investors can apply Sir John’s winning approaches to their own portfolios. Detailing his most well-known principle investing at the point of maximum pessimism- this book outlines the techniques Sir John has used throughout his career to identify such points and capitalize on them.
Among the lessons to be learned:
- Discover how to keep a cool head when other investors overreact to bad news
- Become a bargain stock hunter like Sir John-buy the stocks emotional sellers wish to unload and sell them what they are desperate to buy
- Search worldwide to expand your bargain inventory
- Protect your portfolio from yourself through diversification
- Rely on quantitative versus qualitative reasoning when it comes to selecting stocks
- Adopt a virtuous investment strategy that will endure in all market conditions
Templeton’s Way with Money
by Alasdair Nairn, Jonathan Davis
Called the “greatest stock picker of the century” by Money magazine, legendary fund manager Sir John Templeton is remembered as one of the world’s foremost investors, known for his pioneering insights and phenomenal investment performance over a professional career which spanned more than half a century.
Templeton’s Way with Money provides a unique, professional 21st century appraisal of what made this formidable investor the success he was—and why his methods remain as valid today as they were during his long and successful lifetime.
Written by two investment experts, one of whom worked closely with Sir John for ten years, and drawing on previously unpublished documents, the book explains in detail how John Templeton’s simple but effective investment philosophy of riding out the ups and downs of the market cycle continues to be as relevant as ever for professional and private investors alike.
Key features include:
- A fresh and detailed reappraisal, drawing on a number of previously unpublished documents, of the philosophy which Templeton applied to the two phase of his investment career—first as an investment counsel, and latterly as the most successful global fund manager of his generation
- A detailed and original study of the performance of the Templeton Growth Fund, demonstrating in detail how Templeton achieved the Holy Grail of investment—above average returns with below average risk
- First hand accounts from former colleagues of their experience in working with Templeton—including those of author Alasdair Nairn’s ten-year career working with and for the investment management organization that was Templeton’s life work
- Proprietary and original research which explains why Templeton’s seemingly simple investment philosophy is sure to produce exceptional returns if implemented effectively
Current market conditions make Templeton’s contrarian investment method of profiting from pessimism particularly relevant today, and this book a must-read for anyone working with investments.
The Templeton Touch
by William Proctor, Scott Phillips
Buying at the Point of Maximum Pessimism
by Scott Phillips, Lauren Templeton
“Sir John’s ability to comprehend complex concepts and distill these into money-making ideas for his investors was legendary. With this book, Scott Phillips extends Sir John Templeton’s crystal clear vision to some of tomorrow’s most interesting and powerful money-making opportunities. All readers should be prepared to learn–and profit!”
–Jeffrey Everett, Founding Partner, Everkey Global Partners
“The brilliant global investing strategy of Sir John Templeton finds new life in Scott Phillips’ Buying at the Point of Maximum Pessimism . With the U.S. in trouble, savvy international investing is a must, and this book shows you the best places to put your money for serious profits ahead.”
–Christopher Ruddy, CEO, Newsmax Media, Inc.
“In Buying at the Point of Maximum Pessimism , Scott Phillips delivers a road map to investment success traveled by the very few but guaranteed to lead you to enormous profits. The book offers a delightful, common sense approach to investing that unfortunately is not so common.”
–Robert P. Miles, author, The Warren Buffett CEO
“If you want to mitigate your risks while leveraging your long-term sources for growth, read every page of this book and invest accordingly. In ten or twenty years you will look back and be thankful you did.”
–Theodore Roosevelt Malloch, Ph.D., Research Professor, Yale University and CEO, The Roosevelt Group
Value Investing for the 2010s! Earn Consistent Long-Term Profits in a Radically New Market Environment
Legendary value investor Sir John Templeton knew the secret of earning consistent profits: In times of maximum pessimism, recognize what your long-term opportunities are–and be ready to pounce. This book shows you where today’s long-term opportunities are, so you can earn outsized profits when the “herd” is running away in terror.
Lauren Templeton Capital Management’s Scott Phillips identifies six powerful value investing themes for the 2010s: areas of long-term growth that become even more compelling in volatile or bear markets. This is value investing for the 2010s: a set of emerging opportunities you can profit from, while other investors are selling in fear!