by Joshua Pearl, Joshua Rosenbaum
Investment Banking, UNIVERSITY EDITION is a highlyaccessible and authoritative book written by investment bankersthat explains how to perform the valuation work at the core of thefinancial world. This body of work builds on Rosenbaum andPearl’s combined 30+ years of experience on a multitude oftransactions, as well as input received from numerous investmentbankers, investment professionals at private equity firms and hedgefunds, attorneys, corporate executives, peer authors, anduniversity professors.
This book fills a noticeable gap in contemporary financeliterature, which tends to focus on theory rather than practicalapplication. It focuses on the primary valuation methodologiescurrently used on Wall Street—comparable companies, precedenttransactions, DCF, and LBO analysis—as well as M&Aanalysis. The ability to perform these methodologies is especiallycritical for those students aspiring to gain full-time positions atinvestment banks, private equity firms, or hedge funds. This is thebook Rosenbaum and Pearl wish had existed when we were trying tobreak into Wall Street.
Written to reflect today’s dynamic market conditions,Investment Banking, UNIVERSITY EDITIONskillfully:
- Introduces students to the primary valuation methodologiescurrently used on Wall Street
- Uses a step-by-step how-to approach for each methodology andbuilds a chronological knowledge base
- Defines key terms, financial concepts, and processesthroughout
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the fundamentals of LBOsand an organized M&A sale process
- Presents new coverage of M&A buy-side analyticaltools—which includes both qualitative aspects, such as buyermotivations and strategies, along with technical financial andvaluation assessment tools
- Includes a comprehensive merger consequences analysis,including accretion/(dilution) and balance sheet effects
- Contains challenging end-of-chapter questions to reinforceconcepts covered
A perfect guide for those seeking to learn the fundamentals ofvaluation, M&A , and corporate finance used in investmentbanking and professional investing, this UNIVERSITYEDITION—which includes an instructor’scompanion site—is an essential asset. It provides studentswith an invaluable education as well as a much-needed edge forgaining entry to the ultra-competitive world of professionalfinance.
How to Be an Investment Banker
by Andrew Gutmann
For undergraduates and MBA students, this book offers the perfect preparation for the demanding and rigorous investment banking recruitment process. It features an overview of investment banking and careers in the field, followed by chapters on the core accounting and finance skills that make up the necessary framework for success as a junior investment banker. The book then moves on to address the kind of specific technical interview and recruiting questions that students will encounter in the job search process, making this the ideal resource for anyone who wants to enter the field.
- The ideal test prep resource for undergraduates and MBA students trying to break into investment banking
- Based on author Andrew Gutmann’s proprietary 24 to 30-hour course
- Features powerful learning tools, including sample interview questions and answers and online resources
For anyone who wants to break into investment banking, How to Be an Investment Banker is the perfect career-making guide.
by Joshua Rosenbaum, Joshua Pearl
Investment Banking: Valuation, Leveraged Buyouts, and Mergers & Acquisitions is a highly accessible and authoritative book that focuses on the primary valuation methodologies currently used on Wall Street—comparable companies, precedent transactions, DCF, and LBO analysis. These methodologies are used to determine valuation for public and private companies within the context of M&A transactions, LBOs, IPOs, restructurings, and investment decisions. Using a step-by-step how-to approach for each methodology, the authors build a chronological knowledge base and define key terms, financial concepts, and processes throughout the book. They also provide a comprehensive overview of the fundamentals of LBOs and an organized M&A sale process.
In the aftermath of the subprime mortgage crisis and ensuing credit crunch, the world of finance is returning to the fundamentals of valuation and critical due diligence. This involves the use of more realistic assumptions governing approach to risk as well as a wide range of value drivers. While valuation has always involved a great deal of “art” in addition to time-tested “science,” the artistry is perpetually evolving in accordance with market developments and conditions. In this sense, this book is particularly topical—in addition to detailing the technical fundamentals behind valuation, the authors infuse practical judgment skills and perspective to help guide the science.
Investment Banking For Dummies
by Matt Krantz, Robert R. Johnson
One of the most lucrative fields in business, investment banking frequently perplexes even banking professionals working within its complex laws. Investment Banking For Dummies remedies common misconceptions with a straightforward assessment of banking fundamentals. Written by experts in stock market proceedings, this book runs parallel to an introductory course in investment banking. It clearly outlines strategies for risk management, key investment banking operations, the latest information on competition and government regulations, and relationships between leveraged buyout funds, hedge funds, and corporate and institutional clients. With this reference, you can ace investment banking courses and grasp the radical changes that have revamped the stock market since the financial crisis.
- Thoroughly addresses the dramatic financial changes that have occurred in recent years
- Outlines expectations to prepare you for the future
- Teaches the practical aspects of finance and investment banking, how to value a company, and how to construct a financial model
No serious business student or banking professional should be without the basic knowledge of issuing bonds, stocks, and other financial products outlined in this excellent resource.