by Tina Fey
She has seen both these dreams come true.
At last, Tina Fey’s story can be told. From her youthful days as a vicious nerd to her tour of duty on Saturday Night Live; from her passionately halfhearted pursuit of physical beauty to her life as a mother eating things off the floor; from her one-sided college romance to her nearly fatal honeymoon — from the beginning of this paragraph to this final sentence.
Tina Fey reveals all, and proves what we’ve all suspected: you’re no one until someone calls you bossy.
(Includes Special, Never-Before-Solicited Opinions on Breastfeeding, Princesses, Photoshop, the Electoral Process, and Italian Rum Cake!)
Build Mobile Websites and Apps for Smart Devices
by Earle Castledine, Myles Eftos, Max Wheeler
Build Mobile Websites and Apps for Smart Devices is a practical guide for front-end web designers and developers. You’ll discover a fun and fresh approach to mobile web design and development, with enormous scope for opportunity.
Mobile web development is changing rapidly, with a greater emphasis on modern touch-screen smartphones. By following the advice in this book, you can be sure you’re learning the skills youneed to make the most of this new technology.
You’ll learn how to:
- Design effective interfaces for modern devices
- Use HTML5 and CSS3 to build fast, responsive layouts that look great on every device
- Introduces PhoneGap and shows readers how to add native functionally to their web app with ease
- Leverage APIs to take advantage of built-in device functionality
- Use PhoneGap to turn your web app into a native app for iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and other platforms–and sell it online
And lots more…
Creating Mobile Apps with Xamarin.Forms Preview Edition 2
by Charles Petzold
Hybrid Mobile Development with Ionic
by Gaurav Saini
Build a complete, professional-quality, hybrid mobile application with Ionic
About This Book
- Develop high-grade and performance-optimized hybrid applications using the latest version of Ionic
- Discover the latest and upcoming features of Ionic
- A practical guide that will help you fully utilize all the features and components of Ionic efficiently
Who This Book Is For
The target audience for this book is intermediate-level application developers who have some basic knowledge of Ionic.
What You Will Learn
- Use every Ionic component and its customization according to the application along with some important third party components
- Recently released Lazy Loading and Grid System supporting desktop application with Electron
- Integration of the various Ionic backend services and features such as Ionic Push, DB, Auth, Deploy in your application
- Exploration of white-listing, CORS, and various other platform security aspects to secure your application
- Synchronization of your data with the cloud server and fetching it in real time using Ionic Cloud and Firebase services
- Integration of the Cordova iBeacon plugin which will fetch contextual data on the basis of location and Websockets for real time communication for IOT based applications
- Implementation of offline functionality in your PWA application using service-worker, cache storage and indexedDB
Ionic is an open source, front-end framework that allows you to develop hybrid mobile apps without any native-language hassle for each platform. It offers a library of mobile-optimized HTML, CSS, and JS components for building highly interactive mobile apps.
This book will help you to develop a complete, professional and quality mobile application with Ionic Framework. You will start the journey by learning to configure, customize, and migrate Ionic 1x to 3x. Then, you will move on to Ionic 3 components and see how you can customize them according to your applications. You will also implement various native plugins and integrate them with Ionic and Ionic Cloud services to use them optimally in your application. By this time, you will be able to create a full-fledged e-commerce application. Next, you will master authorization, authentication, and security techniques in Ionic 3 to ensure that your application and data are secure. Further, you will integrate the backend services such as Firebase and the Cordova iBeacon plugin in your application. Lastly, you will be looking into Progressive Web Applications and its support with Ionic, with a demonstration of an offline-first application.
By the end of the book, you will not only have built a professional, hybrid mobile application, but will also have ensured that your app is secure and performance driven.
Style and approach
A step-by-step guide (covering all its features and components) to build a complete mobile application using Ionic. Each chapter will cover different features of Ionic.
Mobile Application Penetration Testing
by Vijay Kumar Velu
Explore real-world threat scenarios, attacks on mobile applications, and ways to counter them
About This Book
- Gain insights into the current threat landscape of mobile applications in particular
- Explore the different options that are available on mobile platforms and prevent circumventions made by attackers
- This is a step-by-step guide to setting up your own mobile penetration testing environment
Who This Book Is For
If you are a mobile application evangelist, mobile application developer, information security practitioner, penetration tester on infrastructure web applications, an application security professional, or someone who wants to learn mobile application security as a career, then this book is for you. This book will provide you with all the skills you need to get started with Android and iOS pen-testing.
What You Will Learn
- Gain an in-depth understanding of Android and iOS architecture and the latest changes
- Discover how to work with different tool suites to assess any application
- Develop different strategies and techniques to connect to a mobile device
- Create a foundation for mobile application security principles
- Grasp techniques to attack different components of an Android device and the different functionalities of an iOS device
- Get to know secure development strategies for both iOS and Android applications
- Gain an understanding of threat modeling mobile applications
- Get an in-depth understanding of both Android and iOS implementation vulnerabilities and how to provide counter-measures while developing a mobile app
Mobile security has come a long way over the last few years. It has transitioned from “should it be done?” to “it must be done!”Alongside the growing number of devises and applications, there is also a growth in the volume of Personally identifiable information (PII), Financial Data, and much more. This data needs to be secured.
This is why Pen-testing is so important to modern application developers. You need to know how to secure user data, and find vulnerabilities and loopholes in your application that might lead to security breaches.
This book gives you the necessary skills to security test your mobile applications as a beginner, developer, or security practitioner. You’ll start by discovering the internal components of an Android and an iOS application. Moving ahead, you’ll understand the inter-process working of these applications. Then you’ll set up a test environment for this application using various tools to identify the loopholes and vulnerabilities in the structure of the applications. Finally, after collecting all information about these security loop holes, we’ll start securing our applications from these threats.
Style and approach
This is an easy-to-follow guide full of hands-on examples of real-world attack simulations. Each topic is explained in context with respect to testing, and for the more inquisitive, there are more details on the concepts and techniques used for different platforms.