Microsoft Word 2016 Step By Step
by Joan Lambert
This is learning made easy. Get more done quickly with Word 2016. Jump in wherever you need answers–brisk lessons and colorful screenshots show you exactly what to do, step by step.
- Get easy-to-follow guidance from a certified Microsoft Office Specialist Master
- Learn and practice new skills while working with sample content, or look up specific procedures
- Create visually appealing documents for school, business, community, or personal purposes
- Use built-in tools to capture and edit graphics
- Present data in tables, diagrams, and charts
- Track and compile reference materials
- Manage document collaboration and review
- Fix privacy, accessibility, and compatibility issues
- Supercharge your efficiency by creating custom styles, themes, and templates
Open Source: A Multidisciplinary Approach
by Muffatto Moreno
Big Book of Windows Hacks
by Preston Gralla
Bigger, better, and broader in scope, the Big Book of Windows Hacks gives you everything you need to get the most out of your Windows Vista or XP system, including its related applications and the hardware it runs on or connects to. Whether you want to tweak Vista’s Aero interface, build customized sidebar gadgets and run them from a USB key, or hack the “unhackable” screensavers, you’ll find quick and ingenious ways to bend these recalcitrant operating systems to your will.
The Big Book of Windows Hacks focuses on Vista, the new bad boy on Microsoft’s block, with hacks and workarounds that also work for Windows XP. You can read each hack in just a few minutes, saving countless hours of searching for the right answer. The step-by-step instructions let you apply the solutions in no time. This book takes you beyond the operating system with hacks for applications like Internet Explorer 7 and Office 2007, and hardware such as the Zune, your wireless router, and the PC itself.
The Big Book of Windows Hacks includes:
- Expanded tutorials, new background material, a series of “quick hacks”, and informative sidebars
- Security hacks, including protection at wireless hotspots, hacking Vista file permissions and user account protection, and more
- Efficiency hacks, such as tweaking your PC hardware, troubleshooting hardware problems, and speeding up system performance
- Fun hacks, like building a custom Media Center PC or turning a PC into a digital video recorder
- “Beyond Windows” hacks for running Linux inside Vista, dual-booting Linux/Windows or XP/Vista, or emulate classic video games on your PC
In all, this remarkable book contains more than 100 hacks so that the power user in you never again needs to be at the mercy of systems and hardware run by Microsoft’s omnipotent Vista and XP operating systems.
Photoshop Elements 11 All-in-One For Dummies
by Barbara Obermeier, Ted Padova
Bring out the best in your images with the latest version of Photoshop Elements
Photoshop Elements is the top selling consumer photo editing software and Adobe continues to add innovative features that allow digital photo enthusiasts to do it all. This value-packed reference combines nine content-rich minibooks in one complete package. User-friendly and detailed, it covers the key features and tools that beginner and experienced users need to create high-quality images for print, e-mail, and the web using the latest release of Photoshop Elements: Photoshop Elements 11. Presented in full color, this resource goes beyond the basics of the application and is undoubtedly the most comprehensive Elements book on the market.
- Explores filters, effects, styles, and distortions
- Shows you how to enhance your images by painting, drawing, and typing
- Walks you through working with layers and masks
- Details ways to retouch and enhance your photos
- Checks out the toolbox, options, and other essential menus
Fantastic photos and interesting images are just a click away with Photoshop Elements 11 All-in-One For Dummies!
Adobe Acrobat 6
by Donna L. Baker, Tom Carson
Acrobat 6 contains strong business applications, and this book is the first to delve into them. In the first edition, acclaimed author Donna Baker devoted a chapter to ways that Acrobat can be used to streamline your business processes. She has expanded on this information in this edition, demonstrating the usefulness of Acrobat for both businesspeople and designers of different backgrounds ranging from engineering to graphics.
If you are a professional computer user familiar with Acrobat basics, and you want to broaden your knowledge on how Acrobat can be applied to your daily work actitives, this is the book for you. Baker and coauthor Tom Carson offer in-depth instruction on methods and processes, real-world tutorials and projects, and detailed coverage of advanced Acrobat features, providing you with invaluable knowledge on how to apply Acrobat to a wide range of industry needs. Whether youre a web designer, hospital administrator, or engineer, this book will expand your knowledge of Acrobat in ways you didnt realize were possible.