Hugo Von Hofmannsthal and the Austrian Idea
by Hugo von Hofmannsthal
by Robin Nixon
Web designers will learn how to use these technologies together and pick up valuable web programming practices along the way—including how to optimize websites for mobile devices. At the end of the book, you’ll put everything together to build a fully functional social networking site suitable for both desktop and mobile browsers.
- Explore MySQL, from database structure to complex queries
- Use the MySQLi extension, PHP’s improved MySQL interface
- Create dynamic PHP web pages that tailor themselves to the user
- Manage cookies and sessions and maintain a high level of security
- Use Ajax calls for background browser-server communication
- Style your web pages by acquiring CSS2 and CSS3 skills
- Implement HTML5 features, including geolocation, audio, video, and the canvas element
- Reformat your websites into mobile web apps
Blockchain For Dummies
by Tiana Laurence
Blockchain is the technology behind Bitcoin, the revolutionary ‘virtual currency’ that’s changing the way people do business. While Bitcoin has enjoyed some well-deserved hype, Blockchain may be Bitcoin’s most vital legacy. Blockchain For Dummies is the ideal starting place for business pros looking to gain a better understanding of what Blockchain is, how it can improve the integrity of their data, and how it can work to fundamentally change their business and enhance their data security.
Blockchain For Dummies covers the essential things you need to know about this exciting technology’s promise of revolutionizing financial transactions, data security, and information integrity. The book covers the technologies behind Blockchain, introduces a variety of existing Blockchain solutions, and even walks you through creating a small but working Blockchain-based application.
Blockchain holds the promise to revolutionize a wide variety of businesses. Get in the know about Blockchain now with Blockchain For Dummies and be ready to make the changes to business that your colleagues and competitors will later wish they’d done. Discover ten ways Blockchain can change business
- Find out how to apply a Blockchain solution
- See how to make data more secure
- Learn how to work with vendors
Filled with vital information and tips on how this paradigm-changing technology can transform your business for the better, this book will not only show you Blockchain’s full potential, but your own as well!
by David Carasso
by Steve Suehring, Janet Valade
- Serves as essential reading for web designers who are new to these technologies, offering a crash course covering all of these powerful technologies in this handy volume of seven self-contained minibooks
- Covers how to program in PHP and how to create and administer a MySQL database as well as how to manipulate MySQL data via a web interface
- Shows how to create a secure website and how to code popular e-business applications such as login programs and shopping carts