Software Architecture for Big Data and the Cloud
by Ivan Mistrik, Rami Bahsoon, Nour Ali, Maritta Heisel, Bruce Maxim
Software Architecture for Big Data and the Cloud is designed to be a single resource that brings together research on how software architectures can solve the challenges imposed by building big data software systems. The challenges of big data on the software architecture can relate to scale, security, integrity, performance, concurrency, parallelism, and dependability, amongst others. Big data handling requires rethinking architectural solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements related to volume, variety and velocity.
The book’s editors have varied and complementary backgrounds in requirements and architecture, specifically in software architectures for cloud and big data, as well as expertise in software engineering for cloud and big data. This book brings together work across different disciplines in software engineering, including work expanded from conference tracks and workshops led by the editors.
- Discusses systematic and disciplined approaches to building software architectures for cloud and big data with state-of-the-art methods and techniques
- Presents case studies involving enterprise, business, and government service deployment of big data applications
- Shares guidance on theory, frameworks, methodologies, and architecture for cloud and big data
Beginning Programming with Python For Dummies
by John Paul Mueller
The easy way to learn programming fundamentals with Python
Python is a remarkably powerful and dynamic programming language that’s used in a wide variety of application domains. Some of its key distinguishing features include a very clear, readable syntax, strong introspection capabilities, intuitive object orientation, and natural expression of procedural code. Plus, Python features full modularity, supporting hierarchical packages, exception-based error handling, and modules easily written in C, C++, Java, R, or .NET languages, such as C#. In addition, Python supports a number of coding styles that include: functional, imperative, object-oriented, and procedural.
Due to its ease of use and flexibility, Python is constantly growing in popularity—and now you can wear your programming hat with pride and join the ranks of the pros with the help of this guide. Inside, expert author John Paul Mueller gives a complete step-by-step overview of all there is to know about Python. From performing common and advanced tasks, to collecting data, to interacting with package—this book covers it all!
- Use Python to create and run your first application
- Find out how to troubleshoot and fix errors
- Learn to work with Anaconda and use Magic Functions
- Benefit from completely updated and revised information since the last edition
If you’ve never used Python or are new to programming in general, Beginning Programming with Python For Dummies is a helpful resource that will set you up for success.
Samsung Galaxy S7 For Dummies
by Bill Hughes
Technology alone can be intimidating, and the printed documentation and online support that come with a new smartphone can be just as baffling. Thankfully, Samsung Galaxy S 7 For Dummies is here to give you easy-to-follow guidance on all the features and capabilities of this exciting new device. From set up and configuration to texting, emailing, and accessing the Internet, it leaves no stone unturned!
Samsung dominates the global smartphone market and users swear that once you go with the Galaxy S, you never turn back. From the most useful features to the core applications to the techniques to get the most out of the device, this book makes getting to grips with your Samsung Galaxy S7 a snap! Whether you’re upgrading from an older model and need new feature details, switching over from another Android or Apple device, or finally trading in that antiquated flip phone, you’re about to discover just how fast and easy it is to get up and running on your new smartphone.
- Maximize camera and video capabilities
- Stay active with social media
- Download apps and sync with a PC
- Expand your phone’s potential with new software releases
This is the handy reference you’ll want to keep close by as you learn to get the most out of your Galaxy S 7 smartphone!
St Klingon Dictionary
by Star Trek
Arduino Projects For Dummies
by Brock Craft
Discover all the amazing things you can do withArduino
Arduino is a programmable circuit board that is being used byeveryone from scientists, programmers, and hardware hackers toartists, designers, hobbyists, and engineers in order to addinteractivity to objects and projects and experiment withprogramming and electronics. This easy-to-understand book is anideal place to start if you are interested in learning more aboutArduino’s vast capabilities. Featuring an array of cool projects,this Arduino beginner guide walks you through every step of each ofthe featured projects so that you can acquire a clear understandingof the different aspects of the Arduino board.
- Introduces Arduino basics to provide you with a solidfoundation of understanding before you tackle your firstproject
- Features a variety of fun projects that show you how to doeverything from automating your garden’s watering system toconstructing a keypad entry system, installing a tweeting cat flap,building a robot car, and much more
- Provides an easy, hands-on approach to learning more aboutelectronics, programming, and interaction design for Makers of allages
Arduino Projects For Dummies is your guide to turningeveryday electronics and plain old projects into incredibleinnovations.
Get Connected! To find out more about Brock Craftand his recent Arduino creations, visit ahref=”http://www.facebook.com/ArduinoProjectsForDummies”www.facebook.com/ArduinoProjectsForDummies/a